Start by dreaming of a pink city
- 6 Fat Quarters exclusive to Fabrics From Earth
- Colours and floral motifs inspired by the pink city of Jaipur in India
Block printed by hand using traditional tools
- The art of block printing fabrics has been practiced in India for centuries. In the state of Rajasthan, it is still done today by hand using wooden blocks, which is why this style is also known as “Rajasthani block printing”.
- A community of wood carvers, block-printers and dyers all work together in creating these textiles.
- Traditional 8-stage printing process uses unique natural plant dyes and mud-resistant printing.
- As all carving, printing and dying is done by hand, small imperfection (or “variations”) can be seen on each piece of fabric; making each show it’s own personality and making it truly “one of a kind”.
Exotic fabric for modern quilters
- Made from 100% Indian cotton, this bundle will feel at home in any quilter’s stash.
- These unique fabrics are softer than batiks and most other quilting fabric. Because of their softness, they are beautiful for hand-sewing, and glide through your sewing machine easily (even when used with heavier fabrics).
- Our fat quarters are cut to approximately 18 inches by 21 inches (46cm x 53cm), although you may find most to be cut more generously.
Made in Rajasthan, India. Packaged in Australia.